Wednesday, February 16, 2011

lifely life

well, in addition to my gluten-free diet, i am (temporarily or permanently i know not) cutting out my other main food group: milk. it's a long sad story, but two days in and i feel so much better. sad. but i have a dream. in this dream i am eating milk and cookies with God. I think that's my heaven right now.
Valentines was yesterday/monday, and i think it was my best ever. :) I made dinner for my dear boyf Jason, along with a nice little homemade card. Little did I excpect, but he walked in with a simple-looking notebook. Upon opening and reading however, it was anything but. :) it was full of sweet notes and funny pictures and quintessential Jason-isms. it makes me very very happy, just like my Jasonface.
the weather around here has been crazy, from 1.5 freak snowstorms (the second one is really only half.. it fell flat on its way here, but we got out of class anyway!) last week was like 0 degrees, and today it was 75! oh, oklahoma. i doth love thee...ish.
in addition to weather insanity comes classes. making up for the missed days or just pushing the work back? some classes postpone work, such as my western thought class that postponed our test by a week, and some are pushing on, such as my Bible, Science and Human Values class (no comprendo :/) that is not moving an inch. PLUS oncoming deadlines for bibliographies, papers, and the like. can i run away? who needs college anyways?
we had an awesome speaker the last two days in chapel- he's a preacher from detroit with a mild scottish accent and hilarious jokes. not only was he entertaining, his message rang true with me. his focus was this: we are free in Christ. FREE! I don't have to worry about this world, because i am totally free. by no means does this mean drop college and run, i suppose, but it relieves such a huge burden, doesn't it? i'm going to give it to Christ, because I am free. Are you free?

Peace and Love,
2AM Hannah

1 comment: