Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011

Looking back on this year, I can undoubtably say that it was one of the best years of my life. This time last year I knew that I would be taking my Study Abroad trip, but I had no idea what good lay even closer ahead: Jason. :) How do you write about falling in love? And so my spring was full of joys and delights.
Summer came and went in a blur of long-awaited phone calls and long shifts at the salon, doing last minute homework and preparing for my trip.
And then, finally, Jason came back, and then suddenly I was off! On my adventure of a lifetime. Time passed slowly but much too quickly, and then I was home again, in the arms of family and friends and, of course, Jason.
I don't know how to describe this year beyond these large generalizations, but I can say that each part of my year was so meaningful. Through each phase I have grown closer and closer to God, which I am so grateful for. And, of course, next year brings the renewed promise of growing closer, and enjoying my time at school, with friends (and Jason!) to the very fullest.
2011 sure was a great year, and there may never be another quite like it. I mean, how many times do you fall in love and travel the world, all in one year?? But I am confident of the future, because "I know the plans" He has for me, "plans to prosper and not to harm, for hope and a future."
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment