Thursday, August 29, 2013

On Blogging

Here is a recent blog I wrote for class. One of my courses this semester requires weekly blogs, so I may from time to time post a class blog here in the interest of resuming blogging. Enjoy! :

 Although I raised my hand for keeping a blog already, it has been quite awhile since I updated a blog on a regular basis. So what should I blog about? That is the question that has kept me from blogging for a long time. When I was a blogger, my mother was the only person who regularly read my posts. My one post that more than two people read was one I wrote in memory of a dear friend that passed. After writing it, no other posts seemed important or relevant, so for a long time I left that as the last and most recent post as a memorial to her. I did keep up two blogs for a dental company the summer before last, as a marketing intern. That left me a little burnt out, too. Suffice to say, I have not kept up a blog in a long time.

 My dad likes to keep up a blog as a sort of therapy, to get his ideas out and to keep himself creative. Often he will leave a short thought and a corresponding song that pops into his head, often by Rush or some other 80's band from his youth.

 So why do I need to keep a blog? Obviously, it is a class requirement. In the past, I have found it useful, and my former blog posts helped me get the internship keeping up marketing blogs. Blogging can be therapeutic. And rather than keeping a private journal, others can respond to blogs, fostering community and communication.So, although personal blogging may seem narcissistic, I think I will choose a form of personal blogging. Not only do I hope that this will be beneficial for me personally, but I am the subject I know best.

No comments:

Post a Comment